The Ultimate Hurricane Astragal stands strong against severe weather and meets structural ratings in hurricane zones with the power of 3 added structural features. The system’s sturdy design (reinforced construction) boasts of extra strength 24” spring-loaded bolt made of Glass Filled Nylon as well as added strike support. Additional screws during installation further support structural performance.
- Meets structural ratings in hurricane zones with the power of the system’s reinforced construction.
- 24″ Spring-loaded bolts automatically engage with the simple push of a button and conveniently retract with one easy motion.
- Independently spring-loaded boot seals against the sill and works with the corner pad, weatherstrip, and sealing fin trim to seal out infiltration from top to bottom.
- Can be cut down to 7″ to match the height of the door panel.
- Available metal plates in brass or brushed nickel to best meet the needs of your project.
For additional ordering specifications, see Product Details below.
- (1) Ultimate Hurricane Astragal System
- (1) Ultimate Hurricane Astragal Field Kit
Where does it go?
- The Ultimate Hurricane Astragal is installed onto the inactive door panel in a set of French doors.
What does it do?
- The Ultimate Hurricane Astragal delivers the additional strength and protection needed in areas prone to severe weather.
- Innovative floating boot clears the threshold with each operation, ensuring a secure seal every time
- Upper and lower bolts are locked with a push of a button and can be easily retracted to unlock.
- Endura Part Number: ASTAHUR__TB____/ ASTVHUR__TB____
- Can be cut down a maximum of 7” from the original length to suit your door panel
- Outswing astragals do not include security flanges
- This product qualifies for Free Standard Shipping to the contiguous 48 states
Warning: Drilling, sawing, sanding, or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
David Krytusa –
Overall the this astragal is very good. it comes will all of the parts you need to replace an exterior door system. Sliding deadbolts and latches for the standard door knob and dead bolt. Set screws, mounting screws and trim cover strips are included too. So, I had everything I needed. Sliding deadbolt plates are included with this model as well. The only downside I found it that the sliding flush mount bolts are engaged via a plastic mechanism that I don’t this is sturdy enough for the long haul. I will careful with who I let use them as I am thinking someone could easily over stress and break them without too much force. Other than that, I am very happy with the product. Additional note is the web instructions came in very handy. I recommend reading those before and during installation. I needed to do a 1 inch reduction of the 80″ length and definitely needed the web instructions.